Saturday, July 4, 2009

For fans of Dr. Seuss

A scene from Seussical: The Musical

I'll be attending a book club meeting this month, which will talk about the works of Dr. Seuss. Being a Broadway junkie myself, I immediately retrieved my CD of Seussical: The Musical and listened to one of my favorite songs. Lyrics of the actual song are below.
Green Eggs and Ham

I do not like green eggs and ham
I do not like them, Sam-I-am
I do not like them here or there
I do not like them anywhere.

Not in a house, not with a mouse
Not here or there, not anywhere
I do not like green eggs and ham
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Could you? Would you? With a goat?
Could you? Would you? On a boat?
Could you? Would you? In the rain?
Could you? Would you? On a train?

Not with a goat. Not on a boat.
Not in the rain. Not on a train.
Not in a house. Not with a mouse.
Oh, no!

Not in a box. Not with a fox.
Not in a tree. You let me be!
I do not like green eggs and ham!
I do not like them, Sam-I-am!
I do not like green eggs and ham!

I'm not sure where green eggs come from (green chickens?), but I sure love ham!

I was trying to upload an mp3 file of the song in this post, but I can't seem to figure out a way. Does anyone know how? Anyway, I've uploaded the song here for you to download. (The file is less than 3 MB.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter, I think you ought to know that your feed is being hijacked. On Twitter earlier this morning, I read about one of my friends' blogs being used without her permission, and now it looks like yours is on there now. The hijacking site is bookfreak.starreviews.info. Hope you can get it resolved.

Peter S. said...

Hi Michael! Thanks for this. Much appreciated. I'll go check.

Anonymous said...

I love Suess! This looks wonderful! Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about your posts being taken.... that is just crazy!

Peter S. said...

@bookjourney: Hi Sheila! Thank you too. Happy 4th of July!

Tina said...

I love this book and all his wonderful read-alouds. My husband and I still can break out into entire recitations with a short phrase trigger. Mr.Brown is another favorite ...as in "BOOM, BOOM BOOM Mr. Brown is a wonder, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, Mr. Brown makes thunder." Enjoy them all and thanks for reminding us.

LoF said...

The Sneetches is my favorite all time Seuss book.

cindysloveofbooks said...

http://bookfreak.starreviews.info/

This post is on this site. Just a heads up. I see its been mentioned already.

Anonymous said...

Yay, glad you're coming to this month's discussion!

I see the hijacker site is down already. When I was on blogspot, I think that site copied an entry of mine also...