Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Bookshelf Project #16

This week's pictures of bookshelves are from Alexander. For his collection, Alex mentions that:
  • The bigger books in the centre from left to right are design/architecture/world history/aviation/miltary/transport/star wars (I am secretly a big fan) and sheet music books (next to the piano!).
  • Third from bottom row: art/more smaller architecture books/more world history (I love history on ancient civilizations and cultures) and under the sheet music section I have school yearbooks and souvenir brochures that I have amassed.
  • The bottom two rows on the left and centre sections are photograph albums (another meticulous hobby of mine - on the spines I have the flags of the countries visited displayed in that album.) The right section has dictionaries and some more miscellaneous reference books.



Such a diverse collection, don't you think? And I love that the bookshelves cover the entire wall! What do you think, dear reader?

19 comments:

Jessica said...

Great library!

I would love bookshelves that cover the entire walls, like the one Mick St. John has in Moonlight. :)
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles/1359308/article_images/mickspadchairbookcaseuse.jpg

Peter S. said...

Hi, Jessica! Thanks for the link!

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

Love, love, love the floor to ceiling bookshelves.

In fact, I'm feeling rather jealous of all that book space.

I would love to know if the shelves were handmade or custom made.

Krista said...

OMG, what awesome bookshelves!!! So jealous :)

Peter S. said...

@Amber and Krista: I am so jealous of Alex's bookshelves too!

the geek said...

i wish i have his luxury of space...

Portobello's coffee said...

ang gandah!! i love how the shelves are divided!

Gusto kong pagaya..

Peter S. said...

@the geek: I wish that too! He even has space for a piano!

@Portobello's coffee: Maganda nga!

Charlie said...

I think this is one of the best set of shelves in the series so far. Very organized.

Anonymous said...

Very impressive - and to complete the cultured vibe, an upright next to it!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Now I am very jealous of those...LOL

Harvee said...

Lovely book shelves. One of these days I may get around to organizing my books in a nice way.

Ryan said...

Love, Love, Love them and I'm absoultely going to have envious dreams now when I go to sleep tonight.

Stepford Mum said...

Fabulous bookshelves, beautiful room. I long to have a home with a room like this in it as the piano and wood floors suggest enough space for dance and music as well as reading.

serendipity_viv said...

I want my bookshelves to cover the whole wall!

Anonymous said...

What a great selection of shelves and books. The system is actually very like both my mum and my Gran have.

Anonymous said...

I now have bookself envy!

Alexia561 said...

What gorgeous bookshelves! Like everyone else, I am terribly jealous and have bookshelf envy! :)

J.L.C. said...

nice.... gusto ko din magkakalibrary sa bahay,,, you know, the whole room covered from floor to ceiling with books...