- There's gonna be weird sex. Consensual and otherwise. Of all shapes and sizes. And it'll all be in your face.
- It's all about the character. A lot of people say that it's the plot. Yes, the plot is good, but King's characters are the ones that have you keep on turning the page.
- Suspend your disbelief, starting at page 1. Possessed automobiles and laundry machines running down the street? Check.
- A good number of King's greatest protagonists are teachers and writers, two groups of people I can totally relate to. And also drunks.
- His vampires give off the foulest stench. No sparkly vampires with impeccable fashion sense. King's vampires are, appropriately, bad asses.
- It's impossible to read just one page.
- You'll be disappointed with most of the TV and movie adaptations. Kubrick's "The Shining" is quite good though, but it somehow deviates from most of the story lines in the novel.
- You'll get bigger biceps after finishing the novel. The Stand, Under the Dome, It, Tommyknockers, and 11/22/63 are at least 800 pages each. Try fitting all these novels in your bag.
- Crazy, totally fucked-up endings. And monsters who are complete assholes. And indiscriminate violence.
- Basically, a good old time.
The Language of Dying – Sarah Pinborough
6 hours ago