Tuesday, November 27, 2012

While the others were talking...

Yes, that's me in the picture below. Me, reading, trying in vain to catch up with the book discussion. Never mind that it was dusk, and reading was getting harder and harder by the minute.

So during the last book discussion, I was my anti-social self. I also arrived very late for the discussion, as I just came from a work-related event.

So there I was that late Saturday afternoon, too tired and hungry from work. The discussion was potluck, but I didn't bring anything. My catch-all excuse? I came from work. After dispensing with the obligatory niceties (i.e., saying hi to everyone and making air kisses with the ladies) and grabbing some food, I just plopped my tired old self on the grass and started reading.

Thank goodness for my 20/20 vision.
(Photo courtesy of R.)
Such a shame really that I was reading the book for discussion on the day of discussion itself. Blame it on procrastination and my being a polybookist for the last few days. I couldn't even finish a novella in time! Never again, I say!

12 comments:

Gem said...

Really, Peter, I envy you. With all the gazillion books you've already read, you still have a 20/20 vision! :)

Peter S. said...

It's just a matter of time before it isn't! Hehehehe.

Jeane said...

What better place to read than at a book club? Really, I think it's quite appropriate! And I'm sure the other readers in the group will understand!

Peter S. said...

Fortunately, Jeane, they did! Whew!

Anonymous said...

I was looking at you with amusement. Didn't your mother tell you not to read when it's dark? Hahaha! :D

Peter S. said...

LOL! She did, angus25! But I couldn't help myself.

Mr. Tripster said...

Such a rude bibliophile! hahahaha! Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog. It's really such a nice thing to see in the blogosphere another book-junkie.

I consider myself an average reader. You're more like a pro. I've never been to any meetings to discuss books. Because such clubs push you to read books that is not much interesting. At least in my case, that's why I've never joined any.

I am actually a member of a certain culture club here in Florence. They have book discussions once a month. But you know Italians, they really have a different taste in literature, or maybe it's just me who's being anomalous.

So you're a polybookist. Does that mean you read a dozen books at the same time? The unfaithful reader! hahahaha! How can you immerse yourself into the spirit of a novel or story of you're reading more than two books at a time?

Anyway, kanya kanya lang talagang trip yan.

See you again in your next post!

Peter S. said...

Hello, Mr Tripster! Tama, kanya-kanyang trip lang. Hehehehe.

Wow! You're in Florence pala! Such a marvelous city!

Phioxee said...

Do you only eat foods with vit a and you still have that 20/20 vision? and in that position you read books?

Peter S. said...

Hi, Phioxee! I've never been conscious with what I eat. Hehehehehe. And I'm able to read in any position!

Anonymous said...

ehem, if you had one of those glowlight nooks, you wouldn't have a problem. kidding.. kidding. :)

I was actually expecting someone to pull out a booklight that discussion when it was already turning dark. :)

Gege's video of you reading was really funny. :)

Peter S. said...

Hello, stokedbunny!

Aieeee! Glowlight nooks!