Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The dire complaisance


In case you're wondering about the title of this post, well it's an anagram of my full name (Peter Michael Sandico). I guess I just found myself bored out of my wits so I decided to find anagrams of some of the books I've read. Here are some of the books at my bedside table.

Confessions of a Shopaholic - Fool on son's cheapish fiasco
A Thief in the Night - Heathen if hitting
The Stolen Child - Shh! Do intellect
The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Eh! Egghead of the gentle echo
The Satanic Verses - Scares the natives
Silent to the Bone - Is not noble teeth
Sea of Poppies - If ape opposes
Apartment in Athens - Harm, penitent Satan

Let's take this a bit further with some of the supposed 100 best novels of all time. (I've always had a problem with lists, especially with this one. If the list were more focused, such as the 100 best novels about exercising, then I'd be more empathic.)

Crime and Punishment - Manic sinner thumped
Madame Bovary - O my! A mad brave
Love in the Time of Cholera - Cheerio! Malevolent if hot
The Old Man and the Sea - Hat lamented -- no shade
The Red and the Black - The black death nerd
Anna Karenina - A rank, an inane
The Divine Comedy - Hey! I'm decent void.

Create your own anagrams here. Perhaps you can post the anagrams of your name or your favorite book in the comments. Here's an example I really really love:

Rhett De Jesus - The stud jeers

1 comments:

Unknown said...

:o) Thanks for the laugh! This is great.