Monday, June 8, 2020

Peter's Big Russian Project: An Intro

Hey, hey, hey! How is everyone? I see that it's been way, way too long since I last made a post on this blog. I didn't even make a post last year! But you know what, dear reader? I'm thinking of writing more posts soon, and let me tell you why.

Since March 15, before the country was placed on lockdown (here, it was officially called "community quarantine"), I've written a daily post on my Facebook on just about everything. While I rambled on and on in many of these posts, I think I wrote a few noteworthy ones. By noteworthy, I mean non-cringe-inducing and just a tad more coherent. I've written 78 posts in total, ending it all on 31 May, exactly two and half months since we were placed on lockdown. During that span of time, I realized how much I enjoyed writing, even though I'm not really writing for anyone else except for myself. It felt liberating.

Of course, I do would love an audience. And judging from the many comments each post received, I'd like to believe that people read what I've written and somehow picked up something from it, however trivial or inconsequential that may be. But the audience is just a bonus, if I may say so. What I really looked forward to every day was writing that post and exercising the few creative neurons that I have.

So that's why I'll be writing again, and that's why I'm doing it here on my blog. Because this blog is still mine, and I have a significant control over it. Also, does anyone still read bog blogs these days? Maybe not that many anymore, I figured. Which is perfectly fine. Which is just the way I want it to be. Because there is nothing as free-ing as writing for one's self.

Oh, and by the way, if somebody's reading this, it's also my way of introducing you to another project that I'd be undertaking—the Big Russian Project. Why? Because I love Russian novels. I love the angst, the drama, and, yes, even the snow. I also want to dispel the thinking that everyone's depressed in a Russian novel. Not everyone, mind you! Well, maybe just 75% of them characters are. So if you stick with me, I'll share my thoughts on the current Russian novel that I'm reading.

Unrelated picture of the dog bite from one of our mini pinscher.
I'd like to believe that this somehow earns me enough credibility
to talk about Russian books. Because, them Russian thugs!

0 comments: