Sunday, February 5, 2012

The bookshelf project #30

This week's pictures of bookshelves are from Joko, a good friend and a fellow member of the book club. Joko's interests lie in a lot of things -- she's a surfer, a big fan of the paranormal romance genre, and a foodie!

Joko went to culinary school, so we all go to her for restaurant recommendations and for food prep tips. It's but natural for one of her shelves to be occupied solely by books about food. Just look at this wonderful shelf!


Let's look closely at her shelf, shall we? In top shelf, I see two books from one of my favorite food writers, Jeffrey Steingarten: The Man Who Ate Everything and It Must Have Been Something I Ate. Both books are wonderful essays about all things foodie -- from the simple table salt to the caviar at your fine dining table. (I'm not so sure about the dieting book though. Ho hum.)


In the middle shelf, there are cookbooks written by famous chef (Oliver, Emeril, etc.) and the , Larousse Gastronomique. I've always wanted one, but I'm still on the hunt for the first edition.


At the bottom shelf are more books written by chefs. And I see Anthony Bourdain's now classic A Cook's Tour!


Just looking at Joko's books is enough to haul my lazy ass out of bed and head to the nearest deli. How about you, dear reader? What do you think of Joko's "culinary" bookshelf?

5 comments:

Sitting Pretty said...

Heyyy, it's Joko! I met her through Shelfari, too. Her blog is at www.stokedbunny.wordpress.com. =)

I'm loving your Bookshelf Project, Kyusi Reader! Looking forward to future posts! =))

Peter S. said...

Hi, Sitting Pretty! Yes, it is! I just love her taste in cookbooks!

jokobunny said...

Thanks Peter! :)

Mahirap yata humanap ng first edition ng Larousse Gastronomique, I think it was around waaaay before we or our moms were born.

Thanks again for the feature!

And hi SittingPretty! blog again and participate in the FFP forum! :)

Peter S. said...

Joko, all the more reason to hunt for it! I just love a challenge!

jokobunny said...

Go for it! I have a feeling you'll be in Paris one day browsing in a bookshop and you'll find it! :)