Thursday, September 27, 2012

Two much of a good thing

So finally I was able to get a copy of David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas last Tuesday. And I'll be ever grateful to Fully Booked management for emailing me about it. I've been really eager to get my hands on a copy and read it, just before the movie comes out next month.

Well today, dear reader, I received another copy courtesy of R. Same edition. Quite funny actually. My first instinct was to feign surprise and blurt out, "Yay! You're the best!" I've done this Oscar-worthy act before with some people, and I've always managed to pull it off. But this time, the same book was in my book tote, which has no zipper to let me hide my own copy. I had no choice, I had to come clean.


Now I am doubly happy. Cloud Atlas squared! Maybe I can keep one copy at home and another in the office, no? Or perhaps someone from the book club would like to get it. No matter. Couldn't complain. My uneventful life just got so much more exciting because of this.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think after you read this, you will decide that this is the kind of book to pass on to friends. At least, that's how I felt after finishing it just a few weeks ago.

Jack Tyler said...

Have you already forgotten what I told you? You now have a great gift for a book-loving friend, and it didn't cost you a centavo; just make sure it's not R!

- Jack

Peter S. said...

Hello, towardinfinity! Hmmmm... Thanks for the encouragement!

Hi, Jack! Noted! How could I ever forget what you've said!

Stepford Mum said...

I'll get it, Peter! I was just saying to Orly and the others last night that I wanted to get a copy for my mom's birthday gift in 2 weeks. Let me know how much to pay you on Saturday!

Peter S. said...

Hi, Stepford Mum! Oh, Jan will be getting it. Anyway, I'll bring it on Saturday. And just in case she changes her mind, it's yours.

Monique said...

I wouldn't mind having double copies of Cloud Atlas, or any other Mitchell book for that matter! :D

Unknown said...

Well, I hope you enjoy the book at least half as much as I did.

Unknown said...

Well, I hope you enjoy the book at least half as much as I did.

Peter S. said...

I do hope so, C. B. James!