Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reading challenges for 2011

Yes, zero, none, zilch. I haven't taken part in any of the challenges posted on other blogs and by my book club, and I have no plans in participating in any of them this year. Why? I'm afraid of commitment. Hehehe.

Seriously, I'll just take it easy this year. I'll read whatever I feel like reading, I'll drop a book midway if it disappoints, I'll buy more books and read some of them.

Of course, I know that I'm not off the hook. The book club I belong to has a list of books that will be discussed this year. So I guess I have no choice but to read them, unless I plan to attend solely for the food, which isn't a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.

10 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

Me too! Not committing to anything this year.

Mike said...

So many quotable quotes:

"I'll read whatever I feel like reading, I'll drop books midway if it disappoints, I'll buy more books and read some of them."

Agreed. I haven't joined any book challenge since joining FFP (except for the monthly books we discuss). I don't like the feeling of being constrained. I read not to be pressured or to prove myself. I read because I want to and don't care if I read a measly 20 books a year. :-)

Peter S. said...

@Vivienne: Great minds...

@Mike: Thanks!

fantaghiro23 said...

Beauty of free choice. We get to choose not to join challenges or to join challenges, all because we want to. Took it easy last year, so this year, I feel like challenging myself again.:)

That said, I am totally with you when you say this: "...unless I plan to attend solely for the food, which isn't a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all."

Peter S. said...

I hear you, Honey!

LON said...

NICE BLOG YOU HAVE HERE.
HAPPY READING.
MORE BOOKS! MORE FOOD!

Patrick said...

This is exactly what I said last year about those reading challenges. But I'm doing the opposite this year by joining one challenge which is really nothing to some of you guys who read like 10 books in a month. Hehe.

Can I join a book club just for the food? =)

Peter S. said...

@Demigod: Thanks!

@Patrick: Sure you can!

Scribbler said...

ditto! having a list could be tedious and downright frustrating at times.

Peter S. said...

Exactly, Scribbler!